November 1, 2012
Time to Get Your Vote On for Electing AALL National Officers
eBallots will be distributed today, Nov. 1st, with Nov. 30th being the deadline. Do note the market segment selection of candidates by office.
- VP-P-elect = private sector;
- Treasurer = state and county but not federal sector; and
- Executive Board = academic sector.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is an obvious attempt to curry favor with private sector law librarians. That is not a bad thing because the last time a private sector law librarian served as AALL president was before the turn of the century.
- Julie Pabarja, Research Services Manager, DLA Piper, Chicago
- Holly M. Riccio, Library Manager for Northern California, O'Melveny & Myers LLP, San Francisco, CA
- Joan M. Bellistri, Director, Anne Arundel County Public Law Library, Annapolis, MD
- Gail Warren, State Law Librarian, Virginia State Law Library, Richmond, VA
Executive Board Member (vote for two):
- Femi Cadmus, Edward Cornell Law Librarian, Associate Dean for Library Services, Cornell Law School
- Kenneth J. Hirsh, Director of the Law Library and Information Technology, University of Cincinnati College of Law, Robert S. Marx Law Library
- Allen R. Moye, Associate Professor and Director of the Law Library, DePaul University
- Roger V. Skalbeck, Associate Law Librarian for Electronic Resources & Services, Georgetown Law Library
Biographies and campaign statements are available on AALLNET here. [JH]
Kay Todd was President when I joined AALL in 1994. Wasn't she a firm librarian then. I agree there haven't been many.
Posted by: Beth H | Nov 1, 2012 6:57:02 AM
Another rationale for the segregation of positions by library type is that it removes "voting for a librarian who works in my kind of library" as a ground for choosing a preferred candidate.
Posted by: Ken Hirsh | Nov 1, 2012 6:47:06 AM