June 19, 2012
Opening: Emerging Technologies Librarian, Villanova Univ. School of Law
The Emerging Technologies Librarian, under the general supervision of the Assistant Director for Reader Services, will identify, evaluate and implement current and emerging technologies and applications for delivery of library services. Primary focus shall be on reference and instruction (e.g., virtual reference, discovery, social networking, app development, institutional repositories, mobile, instructional technology). Track trends, investigate new developments and applications, and incorporate appropriate technologies into the library environment to improve the library’s public services. Collaborate with Assistant Director for Collection Management to generate staff development opportunities for building technology awareness and encourage the adoption of technologies that improve the library’s physical and virtual presence. Find and implement widgets and apps designed to embed library resources and services into learning spaces. Collect and report statistics and assess impact of technology-based services on library users. Participate in the design and development of the library’s website and instructional and promotional materials. Participate fully in reference to include some evening and weekend hours. Participate fully in instructional services to include teaching in the first year legal research program; and giving other classroom lectures as requested. Serve as the liaison to the IT and Ed Tech Department. May supervise student assistants. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience: M.L.I.S. from ALA accredited library school and J.D. from ABA accredited law school. At least two years’ experience in Electronic Services or Emerging Technologies field.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience developing tutorials or other research/instructional tools.
- Remonstrated ability in creating and managing institutional repositories.
- Demonstrated ability to provide reference and instructional services.
- Current awareness of issues and trends in information technology and public services.
- Familiarity with standard practices in web development and usability.
- Experience using course management systems, online collaborative productivity tools, and content management systems.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to interact with diverse group of students, faculty, and staff.
- Substantial knowledge of legal research databases and web-based subscription services Course work in legal research.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team .
- Commitment to providing responsive and innovative services.
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages such as HTML or CSS, and a content management system like Wordpress or Drupal.
- Reference and instruction experience in an academic library.
- Experience providing instructional technology support; experience participating in collaborative web application development; familiarity with XHTML, XML, or PHP, and relational databases.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest, resume and the names of three references directly to the Villanova University Human Resources Department jobs site.
Great blog thanks for post it
Posted by: web based school management system | Jul 3, 2012 11:10:42 PM