January 7, 2012
TRUSTe's 2011 Website Privacy Index
From the press release:
The privacy index findings include current online trends, such as:
• 72 percent of the websites analyzed say that they allow third-party tracking on their sites;
• 36 percent say that they collect users' location data; and
• 31 percent say that they share user-provided data with third parties.
However, in regards to consumer disclosures, many websites still fall short:
• 93 percent of the websites do not disclose how long they keep customer data on file; and
• 68 percent do not explain how a user can delete an account.
Hat tip to beSpacific. [JH]