November 28, 2011
Opening: Educational Technology Librarian, The John Marshall Law School (Chicago)
The John Marshall Law School Library is seeking an energetic candidate for a new, full-time Educational Technology Librarian position. The Educational Technology Librarian will play an important role in the library’s efforts to create, promote, and facilitate the use of technology-rich learning environments. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Academic Technology. The Academic Technology team is responsible for leading the creation of technology-rich learning and research environments, supporting the distance education program, and digital media production.
- Lead the library in using new technology for instruction, research, and information dissemination
- Manage library web pages, which includes interfaces for web-based resources·
- Coordinate library information technology and serve a key role in planning technology-related library projects.
- Povide technical support and training on classroom technology use.
- Collaborate with faculty in the use of educational technology both in the classroom and online
- Keep up to date with market trends and new developments in classroom and library technologies
- Gather and analyze statistical data to assist with the library’s decision making
- Some work during evenings and weekends
- Other responsibilities and special projects as assigned
- Master of Library and Information Science (or equivalent) degree from an ALA accredited school
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards-based Web and data design and programming (such as PHP, CSS and XHTML)
- Strong knowledge of educational technologies, such as presentation tools
- Proven self-starter with multi-tasking abilities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to carry or lift 25 lbs. and be able to walk/stand for a long periods of time
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited school
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technology field
- Knowledge about and experience with Innovative Interface Millennium system
- Supervisory and/or teaching experience.
Salary: The John Marshall Law School offers excellent benefits and a highly competitive salary.
To apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, links to examples of your work, and contact information for three work references to: Ibukun Fasoranti, Library Office Manager, at ifasora(at)jmls.edu
Application deadline: All applications must be received by December 5. Review of applications will begin immediately.