November 11, 2011
Friday Fun: 11/11/11 And The National Anthem
It’s Friday, 11/11/11. What, you thought we would ignore a once in a lifetime occurrence? Rather than take a stance on numerology, I’ll refer you to a number of articles that offer information about the unique number combination. Try these:
- What’s So Special About 11/11/11 from MSNBC.
- Turning It Up To 11/11/11: It's Nigel Tufnel Day from the Guardian (UK).
- 11/11/11: Luck, Mysticism and Conspiracy of Rare Perfect Palindrome from the National Post.
- 11/11/11: Is Date Tied to the Mayan Apocalypse? from Fox News.
- 11/11/11: One Little Number Adds Up To a Lot from the Seattle Times.
- Meaning of 11/11/11 Is Divine For Many Interested In Numbers from the Washington Post.
- Who’s Afraid of the Number 11? From the Philly Post.
I’ll be observing Veteran’s Day holiday (also 11/11/11) by screaming my lungs out during the National Anthem played before tonight’s Chicago Blackhawks game against the Calgary Flames at the United Center. It’s a tradition here. Check out an example on YouTube. For the record, the Blackhawks organ-I-zation honor members of the military before every home game. Tonight should be special. Go Hawks. [MG]