October 4, 2011
Opening: Associate Dean for Library and Information Services, Valparaiso Law
Valparaiso University Law School invites applicants for the position of Associate Dean for Library and Information Services. This is a tenure or tenure eligible faculty position, reporting directly to the Vice Dean of the Law School, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2012.
The Associate Dean will be responsible for elevating the role of the library by providing vision and leadership, and by bringing an entrepreneurial approach to the development of library and information services.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic plan, in conjunction with the Vice Dean, for ensuring that information resources and library services support and enhance the mission of the Law School
- Establishing, implementing, and regularly assessing an operating plan for library and information services.
- Coordinating information services to support the teaching, scholarship, and service goals of the Law School
- Overseeing all aspects of library operation including administration of the library strategic plan, personnel management of library staff, collection development, budget management, and implementation of technology to support library services Providing leadership in a collegial environment
- Collaborating with the Dean for Library Services of Valparaiso University and other members of the community of library and information technology professionals.
- Coordinating the legal research curriculum of the law school and participating in teaching legal research
Qualifications for this position:
- M.L.S. degree from an ALA accredited library school or other advanced degree. J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategy 5 years of relevant work experience 3 years of supervisory experience in a law library
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills Understanding of existing and emerging technologies
- Active involvement in professional organizations such as American Association of Law Libraries, CALI, AALS and ABA
- Interest in working at a university engaged in issues in Christian higher education in the Lutheran tradition
- Commitment to cultural diversity and the ability work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds
The priority deadline for receipt of applications is October 21, 2011. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Please submit an electronic letter of interest and resume to: hr(at)valpolaw.net Please direct all questions to hr(at)valpolaw.net
Valparaiso University does not unlawfully discriminate and aims to employ persons of various backgrounds and experiences to help constitute a diverse community. Its entire EOE policy can be found at http://www.valpo.edu/equalopportunity/index.php