May 25, 2011
Opening: Technical Services Analyst, Debevoise & Plimpton
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, an AmLaw 50 international law firm with over 700 attorneys, is one of the leading law firms in the country. Debevoise is committed to hiring dedicated and talented individuals as members of our administrative community. We strive to foster a culture based on diversity as well as concern and respect for each individual. Our goal of providing outstanding service to our lawyers and clients is achieved by promoting an atmosphere that is both collaborative and professional.
The firm seeks a Technical Services Analyst with strong financial background, initiative and excellent analytical and technical skills to work in the Library and Knowledge Management Department. The position reports to the Technical Services Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the management and implementation of 17 modules of the EOS.Web integrated library system.
- Manages the Access database of library acquisitions and payments, and generates reports.
- Works with the Technical Services Manager to conduct budget reviews, maintains the library budget according to the firm goals and helps prepare the annual budget report.
- Supervises paraprofessional staff in the Technical Services Department.
- Oversees the work flow for all acquisitions and works closely with Technical Services manager and Research staff on collection development.
- Acts as liaison between library vendors and the Accounting Department, and reconciles and reviews payments.
- Supports contract negotiations by providing metrics and reports.
- Provides backup for other Technical Services staff. Will cross train with that staff, including circulation, interlibrary loans, serials check-in, ready reference, and document retrieval.
- Manages RSS feeds using Ozmosys.
- Assists on special projects with the KM manager and Research manager as needed.
- ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science or graduate degree in accounting or finance.
- Experience working in a library. Legal or corporate institution preferred.
- Strong computer skills, extensive experience with MS Access (including the ability to create new databases and import data), Excel and other office applications.
- Strong technical, communications and organizational skills.
- Must have strong service orientation and ability to work with a team.
- Experience with an integrated library system, EOS.web library software and OCLC a plus.
- Experience in a law firm library a plus.
- Project management experience a plus.
Position requires vision, hearing and speech capabilities such that computers, keyboards and telephones may be easily utilized.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Generalist
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
919 Third Ave, 28th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(TTY only) 212.909.7833
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin or any other legally protected category in accordance with U.S. law. Applicants seeking an accommodation please see “Request an Accommodation” under Additional Information on the Working Here - Administrative Staff Positions section at www.debevoise.com