May 23, 2011
Opening: Research Services Manager (DC and Mid-Atlantic Region), DLA Piper
DLA Piper, a leader in the practice of law worldwide, seeks an adaptable, energetic and creative problem solver to oversee research services and resources for the DC office, as well as other various offices within the Mid-Atlantic Region. Knowledge of legislative and regulatory research practice and support are a plus.. This position is responsible for national strategic research initiatives. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to manage a variety of projects and initiatives simultaneously as well as the ability to easily adapt to new emerging information technologies. Excellent verbal and written skills are required to communicate details of research to staff and attorneys. Six (6) to eight (8) years of library experience with at least 3 years in a lead or management role is required. Law firm library management, legal and business research experience is strongly preferred. Requires expert knowledge of Lexis and Westlaw, standard print and online research methods, as well as a functional knowledge of Dialog, Bloomberg, Courtlink, Westlaw Business, D&B, and other standard business research applications. Flexibility for some travel is required. An MLS, MLIS or JD is also required. (equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement).
Key responsibilities may include:
- Manages all research services, resources, and training for designated practice groups and offices.
- Assures participation of staff in supporting local and national requests for research support including complex research, online research, and fact checking and document retrieval.
- Responds to attorneys’ and support staffs’ resource/research needs and questions.
- Addresses administrative issues presented by Library staff and administrative departments; promotes strong working relationship with colleagues in other offices and in Marketing and Information Technology
- Assures that administrative functions including budgeting, acquisitions, collection development, facilities planning, status reports, and records conform to national standards and practices.
- Participates in developing, promoting, and attaining the Department’s strategic goals.
- Identifies opportunities for staff cross training, professional development, and continuing education, trains library staff on processes and tasks within the library; plans and delegates projects for library staff.
- Proactively promotes and develops research and resource training opportunities for attorneys and staff; promotes current awareness of new legal trends, issues, and resources/materials for the various practice groups.
DLA Piper is a leader in the practice of law worldwide, with 4,200 lawyers in 76 offices located in 30 countries around the world. It has leading practices in Corporate and Finance, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Government Affairs and Real Estate. DLA Piper places a special emphasis on both diversity in the workplace and respect for the individual.
DLA Piper provides its employees with highly competitive salaries and benefits, including eligibility for year-end bonuses, profit sharing eligibility, a generous paid-time-off policy and a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews. The firm encourages ongoing personal development and supports a healthy work/life balance.
To apply, please do so online at https://sh.webhire.com/public/785/ and search for the desired position by title or location. Only those qualified applicants submitting a cover letter, resume, salary history, and requirements will be considered.
DLA Piper is an EEO/AA employer-M/F/D/V.
Thank you for this research services blog. This really gives the lots of information.
Posted by: Business Research Services | Aug 24, 2012 10:42:18 PM