May 6, 2011
Opening: Librarian, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP, Atlanta Office
Kilpatrick Townsend and Stockton LLP, an internationally renowned law firm, is seeking a highly motivated, service-oriented Librarian for our Atlanta Office. This position works with a national team of librarians to provide comprehensive legal, business and competitive intelligence, research to attorneys and staff firm wide.
- Conducts in-depth research and preliminary analysis for the firm’s attorneys and staff on a wide range of legal and non-legal issues, including but not limited to legal, business/corporate, patent and IP, and public records.
- Assists with the training of attorneys and staff on the effective use of print and electronic legal, business and patent resources and participates in various in-house library orientation programs.
- Works with practice groups and the marketing department on competitive intelligence projects.
- Performs cite-checking services.
- Monitors news/trends and prepares current awareness publications for attorneys and practice groups on legal, business and industry developments.
- Participates in reviewing and evaluating new and existing electronic resources in order to improve service and research efficiencies.
- Master’s degree in Library Science and/or 3 years of experiences in a law firm library.
- Experience searching Lexis, Westlaw, Dialog, Courtlink, Patbase and other electronic resources.
- Demonstrated aptitude for performing legal and business research and analysis.
- Excellent communication, people and organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
Please send resumes to shwhite(at)kilpatricktownsend.com.