March 1, 2011
Opening: Reference Librarian & International/Comparative Specialist, Florida Coastal School of Law
The Florida Coastal School of Law is seeking candidates for the position of: Reference Librarian & International/Comparative Specialist. Coastal Law is a well-established and fiscally secure standalone institution that is fully accredited by the American Bar Association. The Library also supports an International Certificate program, the Caribbean Law Clinic, an International LLM program, and numerous international courses and faculty comparative research projects.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to HR(at)fcsl.edu.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting patrons with the evaluation and use of print, electronic, microform, and other resources. Providing general reference services in all formats and maintaining responsibility for reference services in the areas of comparative, foreign, and international law.
- Working with faculty in support of scholarly research and class instruction, including developing and providing in-class research presentations.
- Developing and presenting formal and informal library instruction for full range of available resources.
- Participating in the Library's Reference Desk rotation, including some evenings and weekends.
- Producing and maintaining instructional materials (such as pathfinders and guides) to aid library patrons in their research.
- Participating in collection development with specific responsibility in the concentrations of international and comparative law resources.
- Keeping abreast of developments in information technology that could be used to improve library reference and instructional services.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Master of Library Science and JD required.
- Significant law library experience preferred (may be considered in lieu of JD).
- Experience or interest in providing reference services in foreign and international law required.
- Demonstrated classroom teaching experience and foreign language skills highly desirable.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong service orientation and ability to work collegially and professionally with others in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent oral, written, and organizational skills.
- Flexible and positive attitude - ability to work well with changing priorities and/or situations.
- Detailed knowledge of print and electronic legal research tools.
- Proven group training and instruction skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and ability to adapt to new systems.
Coastal Law is an equal employment opportunity employer.