« Hacking the PACER Walled Garden During It's Free Trial Program and Being Investigated by the FBI for Doing So | Main | Reinvigorating Public Responsibility for Publication of Official Court Opinions in the 21st Century »
February 9, 2011
Opening: Research Librarian, McKenna Long & Aldridge, Washington DC Office
The Washington, DC office of McKenna Long & Aldridge is seeking a Research Librarian to provide legal, business and general research services to attorneys and staff of the firm.
- Respond to requests for legal and business information by researching and accessing library materials, database services and external resources as needed.
- Assists with library projects, including maintenance of integrated library system.
- Assists with training attorneys on legal and business information products and about research best practices.
Requirements: MLS degree or equivalent law firm research experience, minimum five years experience in a law firm library, proficient in use of online legal research databases and business information databases. Must be service oriented, possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment with other departments.
To apply for this open position, you must utilize the career page of the firm's website at www.mckennalong.com. To be considered for an opening, you must apply through the firm's online career section by following the 5 steps listed below:
1. Access website at: www.mckennalong.com and select "Careers" from the tool bar
2. Select "Staff" from the list below "Careers"
3. Locate the office in which you would like to apply and then select a position listed or "Click to view available positions"
4. Select "Search" to view all openings in the office selected
5. Create a New Candidate Profile and then apply for the position of interest
If you are selected for an interview, the firm will be in contact with you. If you are still unable to submit your resume through the website, please email mfannon(at)mckennalong.com for further assistance.