« AALL's Director of Government Relations, Mary Alice Baish, Appointed Assistant Public Printer, Superintendent of Documents, GPO | Main | Opening: Digital Collections Librarian, Univ. of Virginia Law Library »
January 20, 2011
Reminder: AALL/LexisNexis 2011 Call for Papers is Underway
Have you been thinking of writing an article of interest to law librarians? Need a push to get started? Well, here it is. The AALL/LexisNexis Call for Papers Committee is soliciting articles in three categories:
- Open Division: for active and retired AALL members and law librarians with five or more years of professional experience;
- New Members Division: for recent graduates and AALL members who have become law librarians since July 1, 2006.
- Student Division: Participants in this division need not be members of AALL. To be eligible in this category, you must have been enrolled in law school, or in a library school, information management, or an equivalent program, either in the Fall 2010 or Spring 2011 semester.
The winner in each division receives $750 generously donated by LexisNexis plus the opportunity to present the winning paper at a program during the AALL Annual Meeting in Philadelphia! Winning papers are also considered for publication in Law Library Journal.
Application form and details, including a list of past winners, can be found at the Call for Papers website
Selected winning papers from earlier competitions can also be found at http://works.bepress.com/aallcallforpapers. This list can give you an idea of the range of topics that law librarians have chosen.
Deadline for Submissions:
- Articles in the Open and New Members Division must be submitted by March 1, 2011.
- Articles in the Student Division must be submitted by April 15, 2011.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the AALL/LexisNexis Call for Papers Committee:
Chair, David Hollander, dholland(at)princeton.edu
Vice-Chair, Jennifer Lentz, lentz(at)law.ucla.edu
Connie Lenz, lenzx009(at)umn.edu
Mark Podvia, mwp3(at)psu.edu