« Illinois considers taxing iTunes downloads | Main | Like Share Prices for Non-Blue Chip Companies, the Only Thing That's Certain is US News Rankings Annually Fluctuate Up and Down for Most Law Schools »
April 26, 2010
Opening: Technical Services Analyst, Debevoise & Plimpton, NYC
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, an AmLaw 50 international law firm with over 700 attorneys, is one of the leading law firms in the country. Debevoise is committed to hiring dedicated and talented individuals as members of our administrative community. We strive to foster a culture based on diversity as well as concern and respect for each individual. Our goal of providing outstanding service to our lawyers and clients is achieved by promoting an atmosphere that is both collaborative and professional.
The firm seeks a Technical Services Analyst with initiative and excellent analytical and technical skills to work in the Library and Knowledge Management Department. The position reports to the Technical Services Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the management of 12 modules of the integrated library system and will gain a broad and detailed mastery of EOS.Web.
- Oversees the work flow for all acquisitions using the ILS and an M.S. Access database, maintains the Access database of library acquisitions and payments, and generates reports.
- Works with the Technical Services Manager to conduct budget reviews and prepare the annual budget report.
- Reconciles and reviews payments and acts as liaison between library vendors and the Accounting Department.
- Maintains library's deposit accounts.
- Orders books and other materials.
- Will cross train with other Technical Services staff. Acts as back up to that staff, including copy cataloging, circulation, interlibrary loans, serials check-in, ready reference, and document retrieval.
- Assists Technical Services Manager with special projects including the continued implementation of new integrated library system modules.
- Acts in a supervisory capacity to paraprofessional staff in the Technical Services Department.
- College graduate with library experience.
- ALA-accredited master's degree in library science or information science required.
- Strong computer skills, including extensive experience with an integrated library system, MS Access, Excel, Word, other office applications required.
- Must have strong service orientation and ability to work with a team.
- Experience with EOS.web library software and OCLC a plus.
- Experience in a law firm library a plus.
Position requires vision, hearing and speech capabilities such that computers, keyboards and telephones may be easily utilized.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Generalist
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
919 Third Ave, 28th Floor
New York, NY 10022
aesteven (at) debevoise.com
(TTY only) 212.909.7833