December 23, 2008
Pew/Internet Releases The Future of the Internet III Report
The Pew Internet & American Life Project that asked respondents to assess predictions about technology and its roles in the year 2020. Here's the key findings:
- The mobile device will be the primary connection tool to the internet for most people in the world in 2020.
- The transparency of people and organizations will increase, but that will not necessarily yield more personal integrity, social tolerance, or forgiveness.
- Voice recognition and touch user-interfaces with the internet will be more prevalent and accepted by 2020.
- Those working to enforce intellectual property law and copyright protection will remain in a continuing arms race, with the crackers who will find ways to copy and share content without payment.
- The divisions between personal time and work time and between physical and virtual reality will be further erased for everyone who is connected, and the results will be mixed in their impact on basic social relations.
- Next-generation engineering of the network to improve the current internet architecture is more likely than an effort to rebuild the architecture from scratch.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Pew/Internet Releases The Future of the Internet III Report: