December 5, 2008
Opening: Electronic Services/Reference Librarian, UCDavis Mabie Law Library
The UCDavis Mabie Law Library seeks a candidate with requisite qualifications who demonstrates strong customer service skills and a collegial attitude that thrives in a teamwork environment.
The Library is part of the UC Davis School of Law and provides services to over 590 professional and master’s degree candidates, law and campus faculty, members of the legal profession in the Northern and Central California region, and members of the public.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Associate Director, the position has the following responsibilities:
- Overall management of the law library’s electronic resources. Includes providing instruction, training, and access; assists with selection, evaluation and licenses; reports statistics on usage, and helps with publicizing electronic resources to faculty, staff, and students.
- Part of the Public Services team, with regular reference desk hours, provides print and online resource assistance for faculty and students, assists with answering reference requests by email. Some evening and/or weekends may be required. Fills in at the Circulation desk when necessary.
- Assigned specific faculty to provide reference services as part of the faculty liaison program.
- Assists with selection, coordination, and upgrading computer services requirements, hardware and software,
- Assists with review of collection and new resources
Qualifications: Masters degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution or its equivalent; JD preferred or experience with legal information resources; knowledge of print and electronic legal information sources; ability to work effectively with a diverse population with many different levels of technical capability.
Benefits: Librarians are academic appointees. The University offers several health, dental, vision and other insurance plan options, 24 days of vacation and 12 days of sick leave, retirement options, and access to University programs.
To Apply: Email applications are encouraged.
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to Laura Cauchi (email@example.com)
UCDavis Mabie Law Library
400 Mrak Hall Dr
Davis, CA 95616
FINAL FILING DATE: JANUARY 22, 2008
The University of California is firmly committed to the pursuit of diversity. The individual commitment of each and every manager to the principles of diversity, equal employment opportunity and fairness is an integral element in the University's pursuit of excellence.
As a federal contractor, we are obligated to undertake affirmative action consistent with the provisions of Federal Law and University policies.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Opening: Electronic Services/Reference Librarian, UCDavis Mabie Law Library :
Wow!! This is a good news for those who graduate this year.
Posted by: lucas law center | Mar 26, 2009 4:41:31 AM