July 8, 2008
Foreign, Comparative & International Law Librarian, Foreign, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Reporting directly to the Reference Services Coordinator, the FCIL librarian provides reference & instructional services in international, comparative & foreign law research to students, faculty & alumni of the University of Denver, including academic units outside of the Sturm College of Law. Additionally, the FCIL librarian:
- Provides basic & advanced instruction in international, comparative & foreign law research to library patrons. Provides lectures, workshops and tours to students from DU and the law school, as well as outside groups.
- Serves as the primary liaison to the International Legal Studies & the International Environmental & Natural Resources Law programs. Creates structured legal research program including presentations, handouts & evaluation. Oversees graduate students’ research work for these areas.
- Prepares bibliographic and other in-house materials for instructional purposes, including organization of www links in international law & natural resources.
- Actively maintains an awareness of current developments in the international law field through print & online sources as well as meetings & conferences.
- Suggests foreign, comparative & international legal & non-legal materials for addition to the law library’s collection.
- Working knowledge of at least one foreign language, with Spanish strongly preferred
- Experience with managing staff
- Interest in developing digital initiatives that will advance our educational mission, including experience with programs such as Access, Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat and Web 2.0 technology such as blogs & wikis
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited program
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Knowledge of foreign, comparative & international law materials
- Commitment to providing the highest level of service
To be considered an official applicant, you must submit your application, resume and cover letter online at http://www.du.edu/hr/employment/jobs.html. The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans. DU is an EEO/AA employer. Please see our extensive benefit package at www.du.eu/hr/benefits.
Please note that we will be scheduling interviews at the AALL Annual Meeting in Portland, so applicants should submit a resume to our folder in the Placement Office.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Foreign, Comparative & International Law Librarian, Foreign, University of Denver Sturm College of Law :