December 26, 2007
Opening: Electronic Resources Librarian, University of Baltimore Law Library
The University of Baltimore Law Library is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as Electronic Resources/Reference Librarian. Job duties include identifying, evaluating and recommending the purchase of electronic resources, providing end user training, and performing general reference services.
- Represents Law Library on University System of Maryland Electronic Resources Committee in identifying, evaluating and recommending databases. Acts as liaison for consortial subscriptions through ResearchPort and MDL.
- Reviews, evaluates and recommends databases for non-consortial (UB Law only) subscription.
- Tests resource access, and works to maintain access by communicating with appropriate technical staff (vendor, UM-ITD, UB Law and UB OTS) and UB Law web manager.
- Keep statistics on usage; compiles reports for Library administration.
Instruction and Publicity
- Provides instruction and training in computerized databases to students, faculty and staff.
- Publicizes availability and features of electronic resources to Library users.
- Writes and/or edits Law Library column for Advance Sheet.
Reference and Public Services
- Assists library users in locating and obtaining information by describing the contents of the library, the online catalog for the University of Maryland System, and other available resources.
- Use knowledge of legal and other information sources (books, computerized databases and microforms) to answer specific questions for all users, and to help students and faculty with reference and research problems.
- Staffs Reference desk as assigned. Supervises circulation desk and circulation functions in absence of Circulation Librarian and supervisor. Fills in at Circulation Desk when necessary.
Required: JD from an ABA accredited law school or equivalent plus either an MLS from an ALA-accredited library school OR and MS/MA Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, OR a BA/MA in Computer Science/IT with at least 2 years of work experience in information technology and excellent oral and written communication skills. Preferred: At least 2 years of academic library experience; experience doing legal research; familiarity with legal bibliography; experience with bibliographic utilities, integrated library systems and subscription databases; and experience in user training (individual and group instruction).
Include your Vacancy Number on all correspondence and in your e-mail subject line. Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
University of Baltimore
1420 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Opening: Electronic Resources Librarian, University of Baltimore Law Library:
» Opening: Electronic Resources Librarian, Universit... from university
Nice, bookmarked it! [Read More]
Tracked on Dec 26, 2007 3:10:43 AM