May 10, 2007
Opening: Thomson West Librarian Relations Manager
Librarian Relations Manager – MAR00000177
Position is based in New York City
West has a long history of supporting law librarians with training and constructive interchanges. In this role, you will manage a Librarian Relations program in a designated territory for law firm librarians. Main duties will include building excellent relationships, training on West products and services, and supporting law firm library, management needs. You will also be responsible for driving librarian usage and preference for Westlaw and West print products in large law firm accounts through in-firm consultations, education and customer service activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
Teaching and Training
- Participate in the development and teaching of Westlaw and West print curriculum especially designed for legal professionals at large law firms within assigned territory.
- Participate in the development and teaching of continuing education seminars for law librarians within assigned territory.
- Support non-law firm organizations such as law schools, library schools and government entities, through teaching and training of Westlaw and West print products.
- Foster and maintain strong customer relationships within assigned territory.
- Respond to customer inquires in a timely manner.
- Support law librarians through direct interaction with West customer service, , product developers and reference attorneys.
- Attend local and regional librarian association meetings and annual national AALL conference.
- Respond to sponsorship requests from local and regional associations.
- Speak at association events on behalf of West and the Librarian Relations program when appropriate.
Sales and Account Management Relations
- Support West Sales and Account Management activities within assigned division by supporting divisional goals.
- Masters in Library Science (M.L.S.) and/or J.D.
- 5+ years of law library experience
- Self directed and capable of driving multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Teaching experience and presentation skills
- Broad based knowledge and experience with legal information resources and legal technology applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Law library association leadership experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong customer service attitude
- Displayed project management skills
- High energy and an ability to interact positively and effectively with librarians and West teams
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Opening: Thomson West Librarian Relations Manager: