May 3, 2007
Opening: Acquisitions Librarian, Florida Coastal School of Law
The Florida Coastal School of Law Library & Technology Center (LTC) is seeking knowledgeable, service-oriented applicants for the position of Acquisitions Librarian. The LTC provides access to approximately 220,400 volumes and volume-equivalents in a variety of print and non-print formats, and has an acquisitions budget of over $1,114,000. Florida Coastal is a private law school, fully accredited by the ABA.
Description: The Acquisitions Librarian reports to the Associate Director of the Library & Technology Center. The position’s primary responsibility is for the daily operations related to ordering and receiving materials for the library’s collections.
• Assist in developing and/or refining policies and procedures as related to acquisitions.
• Train and supervise library assistants on acquisitions procedures.
• Prepare and place orders for library materials, ensure timely receipt of orders, and process invoices promptly.
• Maintain statistics and prepare acquisitions-related reports.
• Participate in collection development and the library-faculty liaison program.
• Participate in Reference Desk rotation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• MLS from ALA-accredited library school
• 5+ experience in law library acquisitions
• Experience with Innovative Interfaces’ Millennium system
• Strong service orientation, with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work both independently and in a team atmosphere
• Attention to detail
• Supervisory experience preferred
Compensation: Salary range = $45,000 - $49,000 annually, dependant upon qualifications. Full benefits package.
To Apply: Currently accepting applications. Will accept applications as long as position remains unfilled. Send letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to Martha Smith, Associate Director, Florida Coastal School of Law, Library & Technology Center, 8787 Baypine Road, Jacksonville, FL 32256. Electronic applications can be sent to email@example.com.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Opening: Acquisitions Librarian, Florida Coastal School of Law: