March 16, 2007
JURIST Conference, Law As a Seamless Web|site, Set for March 29
JURIST, the Webby award-winning legal news and research service based at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, is celebrating its 10th anniversary with a one-day conference in Pittsburgh on Thursday, March 29.
The conference is entitled "Law As a Seamless Web|site" and highlights JURIST's ongoing mission of "Documenting Law to Empower People". Four panels and 14 distinguished speakers will be exploring a range of issues at the intersections of law, war, rights, social justice, technology, legal journalism, legal education and public service.
You can register for this free event at the official conference website: http://www.law.pitt.edu/juristconference/
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jonathan Freiman (counsel for Jose Padilla and Visiting Lecturer, Yale Law School)
- Marjorie Cohn (President, National Lawyers Guild)
- David Crane (former Prosecutor, UN Special Court for Sierra Leone)
- Geoffrey Corn (former Law of War advisor to the US Army JAG)
- Sherrilyn Ifill (University of Maryland Law School)
- Tony Mauro (Supreme Court correspondent, American Lawyer Media)
- Tim Stanley (CEO Justia; FindLaw founder)
- Ed Adams (Editor and Publisher, ABA Journal)
- Jim Chen (Dean, Brandeis Law School, University of Louisville)
- Nancy Rapoport (University of Houston Law Center)
- John Palfrey (Director, Berkman Center for Internet & Society, Harvard Law School)
- Conrad Johnson (Lawyering in the Digital Age Clinic, Columbia Law School)
The conference's two keynote speakers are
- Ethan Katsh (Director, Center for Information Technology, U. Mass. Amherst); and
- Charles Bierbauer (former CNN Supreme Court correspondent, now dean of the College of Mass Communications and Information Studies at the University of South Carolina).
The conference will be officially opened via video from Strasbourg, France, by Terry Davis, Secretary General of the Council of Europe.
This may be one of the best conferences of the year! Hope to see you there. [JH]
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference JURIST Conference, Law As a Seamless Web|site, Set for March 29:
» JURIST Conference, Law As a Seamless Web|site, Set for March 29 from University Update
Tracked on Mar 16, 2007 3:12:56 AM