November 16, 2006
Opening: Reference Librarian, IU-Indianapolis
RUTH LILLY LAW LIBRARY
INDIANA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW-INDIANAPOLIS
JOB DESCRIPTION The Reference Librarian is a member of the Information Services team and provides extensive reference and research service to all Law Library users; may participate in evening and weekend reference duty rotation; performs online searching; assists in providing outreach through publications and exhibits, creation of online and print research guides, bibliographies and other user aids, and collaboration in web activities; participates in the legal instruction programs including instructing students in computer-assisted legal research; participates in faculty/librarian liaison program and collection development. The Reference Librarian reports to the Head of Information Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Providing in-depth reference and research assistance to all Law Library users with an emphasis on service to the faculty and students of the Law School (i.e. answering reference questions, aiding patron research, conducting on-line searches.)
2. Providing instruction and guidance for Law School faculty and students and staff on the use of print and electronics resources, including LEXIS, WESTLAW, other databases, and the Internet.
3. Participating in faculty/library liaison program.
4. Assists in developing and coordinating library public relations, including publishing and distributing the Library=s newsletter, creating exhibits, developing tools for user education such as web based resources, research guides, and compiling legislative histories and bibliographies.
5. Participating in collection development by evaluating and selecting information resources in all formats (print, A-V, microform, electronic).
6. Providing evening and weekend reference assistance by participating in evening and weekend reference duty. The anticipated schedule for this position is Sunday - Thursday.
7. Participating in the legal research instruction program including LARC and providing lectures on legal research and resources to various classes within the Law School.
8. Assisting in planning and reviewing goals, procedures, policies, and manuals of the Information Services Department.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Law Library Director, Associate Director, and Head of Information Services.
1. J.D. from ABA approved law school; M.L.S. from ALA accredited library school.
2. Ability to meet University Tenure requirements
3. Significant reference skills utilizing print and electronic sources.
1. Experience in an academic law library reference department and teaching experience strongly preferred.
2. Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
3. Strong service orientation.
4. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and names of three references to:
Judith Anspach, Director
Ruth Lilly Law Library
Indiana University School of Law - Indianapolis
530 W. New York Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202-3225
Phone: (317) 274-3411
Fax: (317) 274-8873
E-mail applications accepted, further information on library available at: http://indylaw.indiana.edu/library/
IU/IUPUI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Opening: Reference Librarian, IU-Indianapolis: