October 3, 2006
Supreme Court Preview
ACS is pleased to present an online Supreme Court Preview, featuring leading legal experts explaining just what is at stake this Term--the first full Term in which recently confirmed Justices John Roberts and Samuel Alito will sit. Along with their seven colleagues, they will consider such issues as:
- Whether a woman, whose health is endangered by her pregnancy, has a constitutional right to a safe abortion.
- How quickly a victim of race discrimination in the workplace must initiate an action against a discriminatory employer in order to obtain relief.
- Whether the Clean Air Act imposes a mandate on the EPA to issue rules restricting greenhouse gas emmisions.
- To what extent a court may impose punitive damages on a company engaged in "highly reprehensible" acts.
- Whether the Constitution denies local school districts the authority to voluntarily integrate racially segregated schools.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Supreme Court Preview: