October 3, 2006
Opening: Designer/Activist, EFF
EFF Seeks Designer/Activist
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), a nonprofit organization based in San Francisco's Mission District, is looking to hire an outgoing individual with an artistic background who wants to lead others and change the world. EFF's activists translate our efforts to protect digital rights into action campaigns that get the public involved.
This person would also provide the organization with design help, everywhere from the front page of our website to our t-shirts and membership brochures. The ideal candidate will be able to do illustrations and graphics work to make our web campaigns, print media, and donor gifts look great.
This is a new position.
Job responsibilities include:
- Creating powerful images about key issues for our website
- Coordinating and developing graphics for grassroots awareness campaigns that can drive people to our website and to take action
- Working with other public interest groups on grassroots campaigns
- Editing written materials for the website
- Intimate knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience designing for web and print
- Excellent writing skills
- Great project management skills
- A passion for internet civil liberties issues
Not required, but very helpful:
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
- Experience creating flash animations
- A healthy relationship with blogging software
- Database expertise
Environment is fast-paced, work is cutting edge, staff is hardworking yet laid back and friendly.
Salary in the mid $30,000s and includes benefits package.
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume, in a non- proprietary format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include links to samples of your work. No phone calls please!
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Opening: Designer/Activist, EFF: