September 28, 2006
Opening: Legislative/Food & Drug Library Assistant, DC Law Firm
Prominent DC law firm seeks a Legislative/Food & Drug Library Assistant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acquires witness statements and/or transcripts for hearings in which attorneys have indicated an interest.
- Researches Supreme Court cases at the request of attorneys and tracks the cases until final disposition. Retrieves the order list and daily opinions from the Supreme Court when the Court is in session and photocopies briefs of the Court as requested by attorneys if they are not available in electronic format. Reviews daily the Supreme Court opinions which may have been released while the Court is in session.
- Indexes the CQ Schedules (Congressional hearings) and a variety of legislative materials, electronically captures pertinent information, and routes the material according to attorney profiles. Routes print copies of Roll Call, The Hill, National Journal, and Congress Daily AM.
- Obtains Congressional materials, when not available electronically, from the House and Senate documents rooms, and by retrieving press releases and committee prints from the Senate Finance Committee, the House Ways and Means Committee, and the Joint Committee on Taxation; distributes copies of documents to list of requestors.
- Orders hearings unavailable from GPO website upon request by attorneys, Legislative Librarian, and Assistant Librarian, Research.
- Scans selected documents needed for electronic legislative histories or other requests.
- Assists in compiling electronic legislative histories under the supervision of the Legislative Librarian.
- Prepares legislative histories for binding or rebinding by typing the binding forms to reflect accurately what must be printed on the spine and how the material is to be treated. Assigns F&D hearings identification numbers and prepares for bindery. Performs data entry for bibliographic information on hearings and committee prints, and works closely with IRS staff to ensure the efficiency of the 2 databases used to index this material.
- Establishes contacts and maintains good rapport with Congressional and Supreme Court offices to ensure prompt response to requests.
- Executes and distributes CQ Online and GalleryWatch bill-tracking reports.
- Maintains the currency of the Legislative Interest List Routing Program by adding new attorneys and their interests, and editing the lists at the request of the attorneys. Works with the Library Database Administrator to keep the program as responsive as possible to the needs of the Legislative Section and the Firm.
- Obtains Congressional documents upon request, and provides basic assistance in using the legislative collection in the absence of librarians.
- Organizes legislative files of bills, reports, and laws in preparation for compiling legislative histories.
- Updates HTML files for the Library Intranet as requested by research team staff.
- Processes F&D periodicals returned from routing; works with Duplicating staff to prepare articles for the F&D notebooks. Maintains integrity of the F&D periodicals. Update F&D indexes and lists using WORD and/or copy and paste in HTML format.
- Back-up in obtaining documents from FDA Dockets Management Branch in Rockville, MD when needed. File F&D special collection material including docket files, case files, GAO reports, and consultant files.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply: Email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Opening: Legislative/Food & Drug Library Assistant, DC Law Firm :