September 22, 2006
Opening: Law Librarian, Salt Lake City Firm
Jones Waldo Holbrook & McDonough, a 80 attorney law firm in Salt Lake City, is currently seeking an experienced Legal Librarian to manage the library.
Responsibilities: Plans, organizes, and performs the full range of work involved in operating and maintaining a modern law library including:
- Assist attorneys, paralegals, law clerks and staff with legal and non-legal research questions;
- Prepares, administers, and monitors the law library budget; reviews and approves for payment all items charged to the library budget; negotiates contracts with publishers and vendors;
- Prepares, administers, and monitors cost recovery and billing program;
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for collection development;
- Supervise and oversee the cataloging and shelving of books, routing of publications, and loose-leaf filing; and
- Shelves new books and inserts pocket part updates both in the library and in chambers.
- The ability to interact effectively, comply with deadlines, work independently, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- A Master's degree in Library and Information Science, or a Juris Doctorate. A comparable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience with law firm library administration, its policies and procedures. A minimum of two (2) years of experience in law library with management experience and administration skills.
- Service oriented, able to prioritize, extremely detail oriented, research skills, strong written and oral communication skills, strong organizational and problem solving skills, ability to work without close supervision.
- Must be proficient in the use of Westlaw and Lexis, Experience with e-Utah, CourtXChange, Pacer, Courtlink, Polaris, BNA online, CCH online, and similar online legal research products preferred.
Competitive pay and benefits package.
Send resume to: Jones Waldo, Personnel, Suite 1500, 170 South Main Street, SLC, UT 84101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Opening: Law Librarian, Salt Lake City Firm: