August 16, 2006
ABA Seeks Law Library Legal Specialist to Evaluate Collections at 3 Jordanian Law Schools
Job Opportunities: Amman, Jordan
Position: Law Library Legal Specialist
Location: American Bar Association, Amman, Jordan
Start Date: Fall 2006
The ABA seeks a law library legal specialist to evaluate existing law library collections and processes at 3 Jordanian law schools. The law library legal specialist will assess current library collections, processes and research resources. They will also be asked to make recommendations on ways to introduce new research resources, to better utilize online sources and to enhance existing collections and systems with the end goal of enhancing student performance.
A law degree is not necessary, but helpful. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years experience with law libraries. Arabic speakers preferred but not required.
This legal specialist position is for a short-term 10 day assignment and is on a pro-bono basis. A generous support package is provided which covers all living costs and business expenses. Please see the instructions below to apply.
- Go to www.abaceeli.org and visit the “Opportunities” section of the CEELI website accessible from the left-side menu. Click on “Liaison and Legal Specialist Positions Available” and scroll down to review current openings and position requirements.
- To apply, visit the ABA’s International Legal Reform website at www.abanet.org/intlegalreform and fill out the Online International Volunteer Application. You may access the form directly at http://portal.abaceeli.org/ilrp/registration.asp.
- Once you submit the online application, you will be requested to e-mail an electronic version of your resume to email@example.com. Please note that your registration will not be processed if you do not complete this step of the application procedure.
- You should receive notification of our receipt of your application within 2 weeks. If you do not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All registered participants remain active unless we are notified that you no longer wish to be considered for positions, or until several attempts to contact you have failed. Please contact us if any of your information changes.
Posted by request of the American Bar Association. [JH]
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference ABA Seeks Law Library Legal Specialist to Evaluate Collections at 3 Jordanian Law Schools: