June 12, 2006
Opening: West Librarian Relations Manager, Boston, MA
The Thomson Corporation is a leading global provider of integrated information solutions to business and professional customers. The Thomson Corporation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
In this role, the Librarian Relations Manager will develop and implement a regional Librarian Relations program for law librarians that builds excellent relationships.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development and teaching of legal and non-legal curriculum especially designed for legal professionals
- Host and teach continuing education seminars for law librarians
- Consult with large law firms to define requirements for products that complement Westlaw
- Work with West Sales and Account Management to support legal information professionals' needs and market products and education to law librarians
- Serve as a West key-customer contact by representing West at librarian professional associations, West-sponsored librarian events, and library schools
- Coordinate presentation of professional development courses for legal information professionals
- Participate in and provide educational programs for AALL, SLA and other local and regional law library association meetings
- Serve as West contact with local library schools and interact with faculty and students
- Support law librarians through direct interaction with West customer service, technology and content departments
- Speak on behalf of West and the Librarian Relations program
- Masters in Library Science (M.L.S.) and/or J.D. 5+ years of law library experience.
- Broad based knowledge and experience with legal information resources and legal technology applications.
- Teaching experience and presentation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Law library association leadership experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong customer service attitude
- Displayed project management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self directed and capable of driving multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong leadership and management skills
How to Apply: Applications only accepted online at http://west.thomson.com/careers/
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Opening: West Librarian Relations Manager, Boston, MA :