May 11, 2006
Crazy Animal Laws
• Bear wrestling matches are prohibited in Alabama
• It is considered an offense in Alaska to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
• Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs in Arizona
• Alligators may not be kept in bathtub in Arkansas
• In Hollywood California, it is illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time.
• In Sterling, Colorado, cats may not run loose without having been fit with a taillight.
• In Connecticut, any dogs with tattoos must be reported to the police.
• If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter in Florida, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
• In Quitman Georgia, it is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.
• In Boise Idaho, residents may not fish from a giraffe's back.
• It is against the law for a monster to enter the corporate limits of Urbana, Illinois.
• And one law that isn't animal related but is too good to pass up. In Indiana, the value of Pi is 4, and not 3.1415.
Source: Crazy Laws
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Crazy Animal Laws:
These lists are a classic example of what is wrong with the Internet and legal materials. It would be nice if the compilers of these lists could actually cite to the statutes, ordinances or regulations.
I don't mean to kill the messenger, I know it came from Crazy Animal Laws but it would be nice if they cited the law.
Posted by: charles | May 11, 2006 8:53:32 AM