December 2, 2005
Opening: Circulation Librarian, Jacksonville, FL
Florida Coastal School of Law
Description: The Circulation Librarian is responsible for outstanding customer service by supervising all aspects of the Circulation Department and the related functions. The Circulation Librarian reports to the Head of Public Services.
Compensation: Salary is dependent on qualifications. Full benefits package. Jacksonville is a major metropolitan area of Northeast Florida. We have beautiful ocean beaches and a low cost of living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and ensure smooth operation of the Circulation Desk area. Provide circulation and informational assistance to Library patrons. Resolve patron service complaints.
- Responsible for supervising, hiring, training, and evaluating Circulation Managers and Circulation Desk Assistants.
- Propose, implement and review departmental policies and procedures. Produce Circulation Desk documentation.
- Maintain LTC hours, including ensuring that the library is opened and closed on time and delegated tasks are completed. Some evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Develop electronic reserves including copyright compliance. Responsible for maintaining the patron database and circulation financial transactions. Compile and report statistics.
- Control and maintain LTC study room and library class room reservations.
- Responsible for the patron copy center.
- Participate in rotation at the Library’s Reference Desk, including some evenings and weekends.
- Participate in librarian collection development and liaison programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MLS or JD and a commitment to earn a MLS.
- Customer or public service experience.
- Knowledge of library environment and basic library operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude.
To Apply: We will consider applications immediately as we receive them however preference may be given to applications received before December 31. Send letter of application, resume, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to Colleen Manning, Head of Public Services, Florida Coastal School of Law, 7565 Beach Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32216. Electronic applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Opening: Circulation Librarian, Jacksonville, FL: