December 17, 2005
Job Opening: Reference Librarian, Florida Coastal School of Law
The Florida Coastal School of Law Library is accepting applications for a Reference position. The Florida Coastal School of Law is fully accredited by the ABA. We are a stand-alone institution known for collegiality and strong teaching. This is a wonderful opportunity to become part of an innovative team with a commitment to great service.
Description: The Reference Librarian reports to the Head of Public Services. The Reference Librarian assists the Head of Public Services to develop the library’s reference program policies and is primarily responsible for their implementation.
Compensation: Salary is dependent on qualifications. Full benefits package. Jacksonville is a major metropolitan area of Northeast Florida. We have beautiful ocean beaches and a low cost of living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in rotation at the Library’s Reference Desk, including some evenings and weekends.
- Work with faculty in support of scholarly research and class instruction. This includes developing and providing class research modules.
- Develop and present formal and informal library instruction for full range of available resources.
- Assist patrons in the evaluation and use of print, electronic, microform, and other resources.
- Produce and maintain instructional materials (such as pathfinders and guides) to aid library patrons in their research.
- Participate in collection development.
- Keep current on developments in information technology that could be used to improve library reference and instructional services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MLS and JD or significant law library experience will be considered in place of JD.
- Strong service orientation and ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and a positive attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of print and electronic legal research tools
- Experience in the training and instruction of groups is preferred.
To Apply: We will consider applications immediately as we receive them. Send letter of application, resume, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to Colleen Manning, Head of Public Services, Florida Coastal School of Law, 7565 Beach Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32216. Electronic applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Job Opening: Reference Librarian, Florida Coastal School of Law: