October 14, 2005
Job Opening: Part-Time Position for Law Firm Librarian, Bethesda
Pasternak & Fidis, a mid-sized law firm in Bethesda, is currently seeking a part-time law librarian. We are looking for someone who is pursuing a degree in Library Science who is interested in law librarianship. The position would provide excellent opportunities for gaining experience in creating and maintaining a special library or information center.
• Responsible for the firm's acquisitions and the physical processing of hard copy additions to the legal collection.
• Ensures that law collection is complete and up to date in both the reference collection and the core legal collection. This requires acquisitions coordination and planning with legal publishers so that hard copies, software updates and data base access changes revise the collection without omissions or duplications.
• Maintains acquisition records that reflect materials ordered and when they are received.
• Creates subscription lists to ensure that renewals are accomplished without lapses in coverage.
• Performs computer assisted legal research for attorneys and legal staff.
• Library Orientation/Training of New P&F employees.
• Maintains a Book/Publication/Library Budget.
• Updates Information on Firm Intranet.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of MSWord, MSAccess, and MSExcel, and FrontPage.
• Library experience, preferably in a special library environment. • Academic background in law.
Hours per week: 10-15
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to Mary Jane Tiedeman, email@example.com
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Job Opening: Part-Time Position for Law Firm Librarian, Bethesda: