October 7, 2005
Job Opening: IT Specialist, Univ of Maryland School of Law
The University of Maryland School of Law is seeking a creative, energetic, motivated Instructional Technology Specialist to advance the school's commitment to providing high-quality education. The School of Law, located on the campus of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is housed in a state-of-the-art facility that permits faculty, staff and students to use the latest technology in teaching, research and learning. The Academic Technology Department supports the School of Law with resources for multimedia technology, Web-based learning systems and instructional technology services and support. This position reports to the Director of Academic Technology.
The successful candidate will be a service-oriented, technologically-capable individual who will play a primary role in providing instructional technology support services for faculty, staff and students at the School of Law, including:
* Collaborating with faculty, staff and students to integrate technology into teaching and learning, including the development of instructional materials and tools;
* Training faculty, staff and students in the use of instructional technologies, including creating support materials and conducting formal presentations;
* Investigating and recommending new technologies to improve teaching and learning;
* Assisting in planning and budgeting for the acquisition of new technology;
* Coordinating and maintaining the Technology Department's presence on the Web;
* Maintaining and administering the school's online course management system;
* Providing daily support and advice to members of the law school community in the use of instructional technology resources.
REQUIREMENTS: Requires a Bachelor's degree in educational technology, instructional design, or other related field plus two years' related experience. (Master's degree and/or additional certification is preferred and can be used to substitute for relevant experience). Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. The ideal candidate will have excellent
organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize multiple assignments. The ideal candidate will also have experience with a variety of multimedia applications, including those in digital video and web design; a knowledge of HTML as well as a familiarity with Web technologies, including SQL, XML, and scripting languages such as ASP and Jscript; experience with course management systems; and a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
HIRING RANGE: Commensurate with education and experience
FILING DEADLINE: Until filled
ORIGINAL POSTING DATE: 09/28/05
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Position # 6548/TA/HPI
University of Maryland, Baltimore
Staffing & Career Services
111 South Greene Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Job Opening: IT Specialist, Univ of Maryland School of Law: