August 24, 2005
Opening: Teaching Librarian, Florida Coastal
The Florida Coastal School of Law Library is accepting applications for a Teaching Librarian. This position is pending official budget approval. The Florida Coastal School of Law is fully accredited by the ABA. We are a stand-alone institution known for collegiality and strong teaching. This is a wonderful opportunity to become part of an innovative team with a commitment to great service.
Description: The Teaching Librarian reports to the Head of Public and Instructional Services. The Teaching Librarian leads the development and maintenance of the library’s legal research instruction program and is primarily responsible for its implementation. The Teaching Librarian is part of the Reference staff and works with the other reference librarians in providing service and support to the student body.
Compensation: Salary is dependent on qualifications. Full benefits package. Jacksonville is a major metropolitan area of Northeast Florida. We have beautiful ocean beaches and a low cost of living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the legal research and writing instructors to develop the legal research module of that program.
- Work with faculty in support of scholarly research and class instruction. This includes developing and providing class research modules, and creating documentation (handouts, bibliographies, pathfinders, etc.).
- Develop and present formal and informal library instruction for full range of available resources.
- Participate in rotation at the Library’s Reference Desk, including some evenings and weekends.
- Assist patrons in the evaluation and use of print, electronic, microform, and other resources.
- Participate in collection development.
- Keep current on developments in information technology that could be used to improve library reference and instructional services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MLS and JD.
- 5 years of experience in formal legal research instruction.
- Strong service orientation and ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and a positive attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of print and electronic legal research tools.
- Experience in the training and instruction of groups is preferred.
To Apply: We will consider applications immediately as we receive them. Both positions are available early Fall semester. Send letter of application, resume, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to Martha Smith, Associate Director, Florida Coastal School of Law, 7565 Beach Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32216
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Opening: Teaching Librarian, Florida Coastal: