Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Friday, September 26, 2014
Pace Law School, White Plains, New York
Designed for Visiting Assistant Professors, Fellows, Researchers, Law Clerks, Practitioners and others who are, or plan to go on, the academic teaching market in the areas of environmental law, natural resources law, food and agricultural law, animal law, energy law, land use planning, and/or ocean and coastal resources law.
Receive advice on the environmental law teaching market
Obtain an insider’s view of the appointments process from faculty with extensive hiring experience
Learn about the history and future of environmental law in law schools
Participate in a mock AALS interview and gain feedback from environmental law professors
Present your work to future colleagues in the environmental law academy
Hear a Keynote Address by Harvard Law Professor Richard Lazarus about current issues in environmental law
Register by clicking here. There is no cost to register. Participants are responsible for their own travel and lodging.
9:30am: Introductory Remarks by Professor Jason Czarnezki (Pace) & Continental Breakfast
10:00-11:00am: Panel Discussion with Professors Dave Owen (Maine), Sharon Jacobs (Colorado), David Cassuto (Pace) and Andrew Lund (Pace) —“How To Be Successful on the Environmental Law Professor Job Market”
11:00am-Noon: Mock Interviews
Noon: Keynote Lunch Address by Professor Richard Lazarus (Harvard)
Afternoon: Job Talk Presentations with feedback provided (A selected number of participants will be asked to present their job talks)
Evening: Cocktail Reception and Dinner
Travel and Lodging Information: A block of hotel rooms for both Thursday and Friday nights has been reserved at the Crowne Plaza, White Plains, NY. Directions and travel information can be found at http://www.law.pace.edu/directions.
For further information, please contact Professor Jason Czarnezki at email@example.com
Confirmed Current Law Professors Scheduled to Attend as of March 2014:
Rebecca Bratspies (CUNY)
David Cassuto (Pace)
Jason Czarnezki (Pace)
Michael Gerrard (Columbia)
Sharon Jacobs (Colorado)
Katrina Kuh (Hofstra)
Richard Lazarus (Harvard)
Andrew Lund (Pace)
Richard Ottinger (Pace)
Dave Owen (Maine)
Ann Powers (Pace)
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Stephen R. Miller on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- Josh Hightree on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jessica Shoemaker on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- Stephen R. Miller on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- March 3 - J.B. Ruhl to deliver Boehl Distinguished Lecture in Land Use Policy at U Louisville Law
- Is this blog post "advertising"? California's bar proposes bright-line rule for regulating attorney blogs
- Two upcoming RMMLF events: 61st Annual Institute (July 16-18 in Anchorage) and 17th Institute for Natural Resources Law Teachers (May 27-29 at Utah Law)
- First Principles for Regulating the Sharing Economy
- Webinar on New Markets Tax Credits and rural CED: Thursday, Feb 26