Friday, January 3, 2014
The AALS conference is in full swing and some good panels already. Several quick notes.
First, the coffee situation here is dire. I found Fika, a Swedish coffee shop on 58th between 6th and 7th. A nice reprieve from the conference and an only-in-New York joint (espresso, Jay Z on the radio, Swedish language place mats, etc.)
Second, I thought I'd pass along the email on the replacement session for the canceled Enviro section field trip:
The Sections on Environmental Law and Natural Resources and Energy Law have cancelled the AALS Annual Meeting Field Trip on Disaster Management, Climate, Adaptation, and Building Resilience: The Lessons from Hurricane Sandy scheduled for Friday, January 3rd. The fee of $85 to attend the field trip will be refunded after the Annual Meeting.
As a reminder, in place of the field trip, the Sections will hold this program on Friday, January 3 at 1:30-3:15pm in the Concourse E Room on the Concourse Level in the New York Hilton Midtown.
Finally, who wants to sneak out to MoMA for an hour or two? Email me: millers at uidaho dot edu.
Stephen R. Miller
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Stephen Miller on New Arkansas law requires local governments to pay for a "takings" where certain "regulatory programs" reduce FMV by at least 20 percent
- Josh Galperin on New Arkansas law requires local governments to pay for a "takings" where certain "regulatory programs" reduce FMV by at least 20 percent
- Jesse Richardson on New Arkansas law requires local governments to pay for a "takings" where certain "regulatory programs" reduce FMV by at least 20 percent
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Uber Goes to the State House Seeking Preemption of Local Government Control
- Stephen R. Miller on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- Land Use Articles Posted to SSRN in April
- Macro-Level Determinants of Local Government Interaction
- ALPS is this weekend in Athens, Georgia
- California ARB on-line lecture on deep decarbonization - May 13
- Can UberPOOL Make Carpooling Cool?