Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Pace Land Use Law Center's annual Land Use & Sustainable Development Conference: Leading Communities toward a Resilient Future: December 6
Join us on December 6th at the NYS Judicial Institute at Pace Law School in White Plains for the Land Use Law Center’s annual Land Use & Sustainable Development Conference. This year’s theme is Leading Communities toward a Resilient Future. Sessions will discuss the challenges communities in the New York Metropolitan area face because of natural disasters, a changing climate, new demographics and technologies, and inequitable living conditions. Leaders are emerging who are creating new strategies for community resiliency in the face of economic, social, and environmental change. The Opening Keynote will be delivered by, Majora Carter, internationally renowned urban revitalization strategy consultant, real estate developer, and Peabody Award winning broadcaster. Our Lunch Keynote speaker is Stephen Hardy of MindMixer. As a practitioner, Stephen has managed a host of complex community planning projects, including the sustainable rebuilding of Greensburgh, Kansas, after a catastrophic EF-5 tornado wiped out most of the community’s structures. We invite you to attend to learn about the flexible tools, models, and policies that strengthen communities to build equitable, sustainable, and economically prosperous places for people. CLE and CM credits available.
***Early bird pricing closes Nov. 6!***
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Stephen R. Miller on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- Josh Hightree on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jessica Shoemaker on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- Stephen R. Miller on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Water Down Under: A Report from Australia by Barbara Cosens: Post 5: Indigenous Rights to Water and Capacity Building
- Land Use Law-Related Articles Posted on SSRN in February
- March 4-6: Stanford 2015 Rural West Conference: Preservation and Transformation: The Future of the Rural West
- March 3 - J.B. Ruhl to deliver Boehl Distinguished Lecture in Land Use Policy at U Louisville Law
- Is this blog post "advertising"? California's bar proposes bright-line rule for regulating attorney blogs