Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Pace Land Use Law Center's annual Land Use & Sustainable Development Conference: Leading Communities toward a Resilient Future: December 6
Join us on December 6th at the NYS Judicial Institute at Pace Law School in White Plains for the Land Use Law Center’s annual Land Use & Sustainable Development Conference. This year’s theme is Leading Communities toward a Resilient Future. Sessions will discuss the challenges communities in the New York Metropolitan area face because of natural disasters, a changing climate, new demographics and technologies, and inequitable living conditions. Leaders are emerging who are creating new strategies for community resiliency in the face of economic, social, and environmental change. The Opening Keynote will be delivered by, Majora Carter, internationally renowned urban revitalization strategy consultant, real estate developer, and Peabody Award winning broadcaster. Our Lunch Keynote speaker is Stephen Hardy of MindMixer. As a practitioner, Stephen has managed a host of complex community planning projects, including the sustainable rebuilding of Greensburgh, Kansas, after a catastrophic EF-5 tornado wiped out most of the community’s structures. We invite you to attend to learn about the flexible tools, models, and policies that strengthen communities to build equitable, sustainable, and economically prosperous places for people. CLE and CM credits available.
***Early bird pricing closes Nov. 6!***
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Katherine Dentzman on A Coordinated Approach to Food Safety and Land Use Law at the Urban Fringe
- Jesse Richardson on Local Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Local Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Samuel on Schleicher and Rauch on local regulation of the sharing economy
- Timothy Wayne George on Is Reed v. Town of Gilbert an important sign case?
- United States District Court Strikes Down Mora County's Fracking Ban
- WV LEAP Implemented in West Virginia
- Water Down Under: A Report from Australia by Barb Cosens: Post 2: Comparative Water Law: Australia and the western United States or Conversations with Claire
- APA Planning & Law Division's Smith-Babcock-Williams Student Writing Competition now accepting entries
- Jan 30 - Boston U Law - The Iron Triangle of Food Policy - AJLM Symposium