Tuesday, October 22, 2013
California ARB Chair Lecture Series webcast: Climate Change and Los Angeles: A Close Up View of the Future
The California Air Resources Board--the state's lead agency charged with implementing California's climate change laws--holds a great lecture series that is live webcast. An upcoming lecture on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:00 Noon, PDT, seems particularly appropriate for readers of this blog, especially those who want to catch up on some of the science of climate change. Details are below, as well as instructions on how to learn of future live webcasts.
“Climate Change and Los Angeles: A Close-up View of the Future”
Alex Hall, Ph.D.
University of California, Los Angeles
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:00 Noon, PDT (WEBCAST)
Byron Sher Auditorium, 2nd Floor, Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento, California
Dr. Hall will present results from The Climate Change in the Los Angeles Region Project, an ongoing series of studies to predict regional climate at the middle and end of the 21st century under "mitigation" and "business-as-usual" greenhouse gas emissions scenarios.
- Using a combination of dynamical and statistical techniques, Dr. Hall and his team developed very high resolution regional models that "downscale" more than 30 global models.
- This allowed the team to zoom in on the LA region, producing climate change projections at a
2-kilometer (1.2 mile) resolution.
- In this presentation, Dr. Hall will discuss his downscaling methods, summarize what his team discovered about temperature, snowfall, and other aspects of climate in the LA region, and explore the implications of his work for policymakers and the public.
The full announcement can be viewed at:
For “external” users please check the external WEBCAST
calendar at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/broadcast/?bdo=1
Your e-mail questions will be aired during the question & answer period following the presentations.
WEBCAST Viewers, e-mail your questions to:
For more information on the Lecture and Series please
contact: Peter Mathews at (916) 323-8711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive notices for upcoming Lectures please go to:
nd sign up for the seminars list serve.
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Katherine Dentzman on A Coordinated Approach to Food Safety and Land Use Law at the Urban Fringe
- Jesse Richardson on Local Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Local Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Samuel on Schleicher and Rauch on local regulation of the sharing economy
- Timothy Wayne George on Is Reed v. Town of Gilbert an important sign case?
- Water Down Under: A Report from Australia by Barb Cosens: Post 2: Comparative Water Law: Australia and the western United States or Conversations with Claire
- APA Planning & Law Division's Smith-Babcock-Williams Student Writing Competition now accepting entries
- Jan 30 - Boston U Law - The Iron Triangle of Food Policy - AJLM Symposium
- "Basic Human Right" to Farm Your Lawn?
- CFP: Fordham Law: Sharing Economy, Sharing City: Urban Law and the New Economy