Monday, September 12, 2011
I occasionally post blatently non-land use related posts, and here I go again... I am delighted to announce that I will be co-facilitating a half day CLE on mindfulness and lawyering here in Athens on October 13th. Here's a description created by my co-facilitator, mindfulness teacher Mike Healy:
Explore and understand how stress affects the body and mind. Learn mindfulness practices that can reduce your stress and enhance professional effectiveness – practical tools that will enrich your practice of law.
Ancient wisdom and modern medicine are blended in this workshop, creating one of the most effective programs available today for enhancing competence in the practice of law and enabling healthy living. Learn how mindfulness can:
Increase professional competence through better management of stress
Identify unique aspects of law practice that can trigger stress
Assist in dealing with professional responsibilities and ethics
I believe strongly that mindfulness can make us better lawyers (or teachers) and so in that tangential way it's related to land use prof'ing (and lawyering).
If you're interested in learning more, or in registering, visit Mike's web page here.
And if you're not in Athens but you're interested in this type of training, visit the website of the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society's law program.
Jamie Baker Roskie
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Uber Goes to the State House Seeking Preemption of Local Government Control
- Stephen R. Miller on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- Josh Hightree on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jessica Shoemaker on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- What to make of the fierce new debate over the efficacy of California's energy codes?
- The W&L Top 100 Law Review Rankings and the Land Use Law Scholar
- CFP: 2015 Future of Places Conference (lead-in to Habitat III) in Stockholm: Deadline of April 15
- Water Down Under: A Report from Australia by Barbara Cosens: Post 7: Conjunctive Management Down Under
- Interior unveils final rule governing fracking regulations on public lands