Monday, March 7, 2011
I've already blogged about the ALPS conference in general, but I want to make sure that all of the land use-related papers from Day 2 get mentioned here, because if you are interested, you should keep your eyes out for the publications.
Jeffrey Jones: Four Property Wrongs of Self-Storage Law
Bela August Walker: Zoning In: State Power & the Siting of Drug Rehabilitation Clinics
Asmara Tekle: Greening the Lawn in Law: Lawns and Waterways. I was glad to hear this paper not only as a fellow Houstonian, but also because during the Q&A we were treated to the most eloquent description of what I am hereby officially calling the "Clowney Theory of the Gendered American Lawn." This is a family-friendly blog, so you'll have to ask Steve for the precise articulation.
Antonia Layard: Public/private use of Property
Tanya Marsh: Regulating God's Acre: Custom, Commerce, and Choice in the American Cemetery
Nick Hopkins & Susan Bright: Evaluating Legal Models of Affordable Home Ownership in England
Magdalena Habdas: Who needs a park or a city square? The notion of public real estate as a res publicae
Troy Rule: Renewable Energy and the Neighbors
Ngai Pindell: Climate Change and Affordable Housing
Will Cook: Smart Growth and the Preservation of Historic Resources
It was great to see everyone there, and we especially wish safe travels to those who came to AALS from abroad.
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Uber Goes to the State House Seeking Preemption of Local Government Control
- Stephen R. Miller on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- Josh Hightree on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jessica Shoemaker on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- What to make of the fierce new debate over the efficacy of California's energy codes?
- The W&L Top 100 Law Review Rankings and the Land Use Law Scholar
- CFP: 2015 Future of Places Conference (lead-in to Habitat III) in Stockholm: Deadline of April 15
- Water Down Under: A Report from Australia by Barbara Cosens: Post 7: Conjunctive Management Down Under
- Interior unveils final rule governing fracking regulations on public lands