Friday, September 3, 2010
Interested in learning more about the basics of New Urbanism and sustainable development?
The Miami School of Architecture will soon be offering an on-line opportunity to do so:
Learn New Urbanism Online! The Principles and Practice of New Urbanism is a self-paced online course offered by the University of Miami School of Architecture, a world leader in New Urbanism. Looking for an in-depth introduction to the theory and practice of New Urbanism? You can learn at your own pace, on your own schedule, from anywhere in the world, with The Principles and Practice of New Urbanism.
* For anyone interested in a comprehensive introduction to New Urbanism
* Developed by the University of Miami School of Architecture, a world leader in New Urbanism
* Receive a certificate from the University of Miami School of Architecture upon successful completion of the course
* Provides preparation for the Congress for the New Urbanism's (CNU) Accreditation Exam
* The CNU-Accreditation Exam can be taken online via the course web site at the conclusion of the course
Follow the above link and you can view a sample lesson that the course is offering.
--Chad Emerson, Faulkner U.
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Deborah Curran on Field notes on navigating a POPO
- Stephen Miller on Commissioner's Corner: Should a Commissioner Be Permitted To Peak at a Google Maps View of a Project Site in a Quasi-Judicial Hearing?
- Ben Davy on Commissioner's Corner: Should a Commissioner Be Permitted To Peak at a Google Maps View of a Project Site in a Quasi-Judicial Hearing?
- Jesse Richardson on Commissioner's Corner: Should a Commissioner Be Permitted To Peak at a Google Maps View of a Project Site in a Quasi-Judicial Hearing?
- Stephen Miller on New Arkansas law requires local governments to pay for a "takings" where certain "regulatory programs" reduce FMV by at least 20 percent
- Shocking Allegations of Rough Justice at a P&Z Hearing in the Rural West: Environmental Activist Opposing Oil and Gas Project at Public Hearing Charged with Criminal Trespass and Spends Five Days in Isolation
- Cheever & Owley on Enhancing Conservation Options
- Planning for States and Nation-States in the U.S. and Europe
- New study highlights worker conditions in the sharing economy
- Audubon honors Women Greening Journalism