Tuesday, April 13, 2010
The ABA Section on State and Local Government is focusing on land use for its spring virtual meeting. From the announcement:
This popular annual program will cover the hottest developments in several areas of the law related to land use regulation.
Among the expected topics are:
- The Religious Land Use Update;
- Recent Developments in Comprehensive Planning;
- Elected Official Immunity in Making Local Zoning Decisions;
- Regulating the Vacancy of Property;
- The Miami Beach Art Deco District: A continuing case study of Preservation and its Discontents
- Accommodating Zoning: Uses and Limits of the Fair Housing Act and Americans With Disabilities Act
- And much more……
See the website linked above to register for the virtual CLE.
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Uber Goes to the State House Seeking Preemption of Local Government Control
- Stephen R. Miller on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- Josh Hightree on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jessica Shoemaker on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- New Land Use Articles on SSRN
- What to make of the fierce new debate over the efficacy of California's energy codes?
- The W&L Top 100 Law Review Rankings and the Land Use Law Scholar
- CFP: 2015 Future of Places Conference (lead-in to Habitat III) in Stockholm: Deadline of April 15
- Water Down Under: A Report from Australia by Barbara Cosens: Post 7: Conjunctive Management Down Under