Tuesday, April 13, 2010
The ABA Section on State and Local Government is focusing on land use for its spring virtual meeting. From the announcement:
This popular annual program will cover the hottest developments in several areas of the law related to land use regulation.
Among the expected topics are:
- The Religious Land Use Update;
- Recent Developments in Comprehensive Planning;
- Elected Official Immunity in Making Local Zoning Decisions;
- Regulating the Vacancy of Property;
- The Miami Beach Art Deco District: A continuing case study of Preservation and its Discontents
- Accommodating Zoning: Uses and Limits of the Fair Housing Act and Americans With Disabilities Act
- And much more……
See the website linked above to register for the virtual CLE.
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Deborah Curran on Field notes on navigating a POPO
- Stephen Miller on Commissioner's Corner: Should a Commissioner Be Permitted To Peak at a Google Maps View of a Project Site in a Quasi-Judicial Hearing?
- Ben Davy on Commissioner's Corner: Should a Commissioner Be Permitted To Peak at a Google Maps View of a Project Site in a Quasi-Judicial Hearing?
- Jesse Richardson on Commissioner's Corner: Should a Commissioner Be Permitted To Peak at a Google Maps View of a Project Site in a Quasi-Judicial Hearing?
- Stephen Miller on New Arkansas law requires local governments to pay for a "takings" where certain "regulatory programs" reduce FMV by at least 20 percent
- Shocking Allegations of Rough Justice at a P&Z Hearing in the Rural West: Environmental Activist Opposing Oil and Gas Project at Public Hearing Charged with Criminal Trespass and Spends Five Days in Isolation
- Cheever & Owley on Enhancing Conservation Options
- Planning for States and Nation-States in the U.S. and Europe
- New study highlights worker conditions in the sharing economy
- Audubon honors Women Greening Journalism