Saturday, March 6, 2010
Reason TV has a short video available on YouTube about the Atlantic Yards project. They focus on the famous Freddy's Bar as a healthy community institution that shouldn't be taken in the name of comprehensive development. Reason says that Atlantic Yards isn't a legitimate public use, but instead is eminent domain abuse. Check it out and decide for yourself. (Link posted w/ permission).
The legal case, at any rate, was kind of a slam dunk under NY law.
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Uber Goes to the State House Seeking Preemption of Local Government Control
- Stephen R. Miller on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- Josh Hightree on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jessica Shoemaker on What makes people leave rural areas, and what makes them stay
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Why are building inspectors so often on the take?
- The W&L Top 100 Law Review Rankings and the Land Use Law Scholar
- CFP: 2015 Future of Places Conference (lead-in to Habitat III) in Stockholm: Deadline of April 15
- Water Down Under: A Report from Australia by Barbara Cosens: Post 7: Conjunctive Management Down Under
- Interior unveils final rule governing fracking regulations on public lands
- Updates from Pace Land Use Law Center