Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Special Topic Call: Best Practices in Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture Development.
JAFSCD welcomes research or policy briefs, and case studies (up to 2,500 words) and full articles (up to 8,500 words) on best community-development practices related to:
- Urban livestock management and regulation
- Urban market gardening and backyard gardening
- Marketing and value-adding
- Waste management and reuse
- Urban farming by immigrant or other special populations
- Farming on the fringeDeadline: June 5, 2010(The deadline may be extended with permission of the publisher.)Briefs, case studies, and articles should focus on illustrative programs or projects, survey results, literature reviews, and public policy that are related to — but not limited to — land-use planning and regulation, health ordinances or their implementation, training and educational programs, marketing systems or value chains, partnership development, systems approaches, issues of scale, and farm-neighbor relations. We are particularly interested in holistic approaches that combine community and economic development with environmental protection.More background on this topic is at www.AgDevJournal.com.