Monday, November 9, 2009
I've been out of town for a few days, and have noticed a number of interesting articles recently published in the journals or posted on SSRN. Check them out!:
Richard K. Green (George Washington) & Susan M. Wachter (Penn--Wharton, Real Estate), The Housing Finance Revolution.
Keith H. Hirokawa (Albany), A Challenge to Sustainable Governments? Washington University Law Review, Volume 87, Number 1, 2009, 203.Daniel K.N. Johnson, Kristinia Lybecker, Nicole Gurley, Alex Stiller-Shuman, and Stephen Fischer (Colorado College, Economics & Business), The NWIMBY Effect (No Walmart in My Backyard): Big Box Stores and Residential Property Values.
Gideon Kanner, Do We Need to Impair or Strengthen Property Rights in Order to "Fulfill Their Unique Role"? A Response to Professor Dyal-Chand, University of Hawaii Law Review, Volume 31, Number 2, Summer 2009, 423.Alfred S. Konefsky (Buffalo), Simon Greenleaf, Boston Elites and the Social Meaning and Construction of the Charles River Bridge Case, forthcoming in TRANSFORMATIONS IN AMERICAN LAW: ESSAYS IN HONOR OF MORTON J. HOROWITZ, Vol. II, Daniel Hamilton & Alfred Brophy, eds., Harvard University Press.Andrey D. Pavlov (Simon Fraser, Finance) & Susan M. Wachter (Penn--Wharton, Real Estate), Subprime Lending and Real Estate Prices, Real Estate Economics, forthcoming.Christopher L. Peterson (Utah), Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Home Mortgage Foreclosure Crisis, forthcoming, Loyola University New Orleans Journal of Public Interest Law, Vol. 10, pp. 149-170, 2009.Timothy Zick (William & Mary), Property As/And Constitutional Settlement, Northwestern University Law Review, Vol. 104, 2010, forthcoming.
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Katherine Dentzman on A Coordinated Approach to Food Safety and Land Use Law at the Urban Fringe
- Jesse Richardson on Local Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Local Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Samuel on Schleicher and Rauch on local regulation of the sharing economy
- Timothy Wayne George on Is Reed v. Town of Gilbert an important sign case?
- Jan 30 - Boston U Law - The Iron Triangle of Food Policy - AJLM Symposium
- "Basic Human Right" to Farm Your Lawn?
- CFP: Fordham Law: Sharing Economy, Sharing City: Urban Law and the New Economy
- Fennell and Peñalver on Exactions Creep
- March 11-13: Rocky Mountain Land Use Institute's annual conference: Western Places/Western Spaces: Building Fair & Resilient Communities