Sunday, August 13, 2006
Here is another warning about the dangers of segregation, with a twist that might either be construed as very conservative or very liberal. The consensus of the mainstream media is that most of the plotters to blow up planes bound for the U.S. from Britain were emboldened by their social and economic isolation in northeast London. Land use and cultural segregation of cultures within one nation is a dangerous thing, as proven time and again, from England to Yugoslavia to Chechnya to Israel/Palestine to Sri Lanka to the projects of Chicago and New Orleans …
This blog is an Amazon affiliate. Help support Land Use Prof Blog by making purchases through Amazon links on this site at no cost to you.
- Katherine Dentzman on A Coordinated Approach to Food Safety and Land Use Law at the Urban Fringe
- Jesse Richardson on Local Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Jamie Baker Roskie on Local Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Samuel on Schleicher and Rauch on local regulation of the sharing economy
- Timothy Wayne George on Is Reed v. Town of Gilbert an important sign case?
- Water Down Under: A Report from Australia by Barb Cosens: Post 2: Comparative Water Law: Australia and the western United States or Conversations with Claire
- APA Planning & Law Division's Smith-Babcock-Williams Student Writing Competition now accepting entries
- Jan 30 - Boston U Law - The Iron Triangle of Food Policy - AJLM Symposium
- "Basic Human Right" to Farm Your Lawn?
- CFP: Fordham Law: Sharing Economy, Sharing City: Urban Law and the New Economy