Thursday, November 2, 2017
Melissa Hart (Colorado) sends word that the Berkeley Journal of Employment and Labor Law is calling for law review articles for a special symposium issue commemorating the 50th anniversary of the ADEA. The Symposium, titled "The Age Discrimination in Employment Act at 50: Silver Anniversary of Midlife Crisis?", will take place November 17th, 2017.
First drafts of papers should be submitted by March 15th, 2018. Once accepted, authors will have until August 10th, 2018 to submit a final draft. The Journal's editorial staff will then work with authors to edit the article throughout late summer and fall. BJELL's selection team will use the following criteria to select papers:
- Relevance to the ADEA or age discrimination generally
- Originality/novelty of claims, analysis, or argument
- Quality of analysis and thought
- Potential to be useful to practitioners, the development of academic dialogue, and/or policy advocacy
- Degree of completeness (papers should be roughly 10,000-20,000 words with strong footnote source support)