Wednesday, May 24, 2017
The 12th Annual Colloquium on Scholarship in Employment and Labor Law (COSELL) will be held
September 15 and 16, 2017 at Texas A&M University School of Law in Fort Worth, Texas. There will also be a reception on the evening of September 14, 2017. The registration page is now online. That page also has a link about the hotel and travel information. The deadline for submissions of abstracts is August 16, 2017. Other key highlights and expectations for this year’s COSELL:
- We expect to start Friday morning and end Saturday late afternoon as opposed to Saturday early noon closings from prior years. This will provide opportunity for more papers to be presented and get feedback from many more participants. We hope that you will consider attending all day Friday and until 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 16, 2017 so that we can spread out the sessions and have less competing sessions.
- We expect to have a special program on Saturday, September 16, 2017 involving one of our sponsors, the International Society for Labour and Social Security Law.
- We expect to be able to offer publication in the Texas A&M Law Review to a couple of papers presented at COSELL if those papers can be submitted in final format by Friday, September 29, 2017 and subject to approval by the Texas A&M Law Review Board for its Winter 2017 Volume.
- We expect that the Employee Rights and Employment Policy Law Journal may be able to accept some papers presented at COSELL as well and you should explore the parameters with Professor Marty Malin at Chicago Kent Law School as that journal will be holding an Editorial Board meeting during COSELL.
- Presentation of the Paul Steven Miller Memorial Award (senior faculty) and Michael J. Zimmer Memorial Award (junior faculty).
If you have any questions about the 12th Annual COSELL to be held at Texas A&M University School of Law in Fort, Worth Texas on September 15‐16, 2017, please do not hesitate to contact Professor Michael Z. Green.