January 17, 2013
Washburn Symposium: LEL in the 21st Century
Joe Mastrosimone sends us word of Washburn School of Law's upcoming symposium Employment and Labor Law in the 21st Century: Changes in the Arenas of Conflict. The symposium will be held on Thursday, February 28, 2013. It will feature three panels: (1) Technology, Social Media, and Privacy Issues in Employment and Labor Law; (2) The Landscape of Private Sector Labor Law in the 21st Century; and (3) The Landscape of Public Sector Law in the 21st Century.
A keynote address will be given by Former Chairman and Member of the National Labor Relations Board Peter Schaumber.
The panelists and moderators include a number of labor and employment law scholars:
- Associate Dean Aïda Alaka (Washburn University School of Law),
- Associate Dean Rafael Gely (University of Missouri School of Law),
- Prof. Robert Sprague (University of Wyoming College of Business),
- Prof. Michael Duff (University of Wyoming College of Law),
- Prof. Joseph Mastrosimone (Washburn University School of Law),
- Prof. John Raudabaugh (Ave Maria School of Law),
- Prof. Stephen Befort (University of Minnesota Law School),
- Prof. Joseph Slater (University of Toledo College of Law).
The panelists and moderators also include a number of practitioners:
- Terry Mann, Partner Martin Pringle Attorneys at Law,
- Lisa Jones, Washburn University Counsel and Secretary to the Washburn Board of Regents,
- Martin Walter, General Counsel, Carpenters District Council of Greater St. Louis & Vicinity, and
- W. Terrence Kilroy, Partner Polsinelli Shughart PC, Kansas City.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Washburn Symposium: LEL in the 21st Century: