Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Dennis Nolan sends us this notice:
The NAA’s Research and Education Foundation (REF) supports research and education relevant to labor and employment arbitration. The Foundation welcomes grant applications of up to $25,000 for any of the following purposes:
- The study and understanding of grievance procedures, the arbitration process and other forms of labor and employment dispute resolution and the impact of law on these processes.
- The education and training of persons engaged in the resolution of labor -management and employment disputes. Included are the funding of lecture programs, symposiums, conferences and training seminars.
- The preparation and publication of books, symposium materials, articles, and audio-visual materials (e.g. films; websites; CDs) designed to enhance the competence of persons engaged in the arbitration and mediation of labor-management and employment disputes.
- Projects that foster the highest standards of integrity, competence, honor and character of persons engaged in arbitration and other forms of labor and employment dispute resolution.
- The preparation of material designed to keep arbitrators and students of labor-management and employment relations abreast of current research into the arbitration process, and the development of procedures or techniques for the resolution of labor and employment disputes in this and in other countries.
Detailed information on how to apply for an REF grant can be found on the NAA website. Follow the link to the Research and Education Foundation.