Thursday, October 5, 2006
The U.S. Department of Labor's Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) today announced the launch of a new interactive Web site to serve as a resource for employers in complying with the various federal health benefit laws. The Health Benefits Advisor is designed to help employers and other plan officials understand their responsibilities in operating group health plans. The site provides information on the:
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA),
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA),
- Newborns' and Mothers' Health Protection Act,
- Mental Health Parity Act, and
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act.